CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Freitag, 18. Januar 2008

Mr. Starbucks



Its funny how people around me do nice things for me, and I don’t usually notice. Its not that I’m consumed in fantasy; I am rather firm in reality. Though, I still don’t notice the kindest deeds one does for me. Normally I am a very alert person, down to earth, and always paying attention to the little things around me, but recently, I haven’t.

In my latest visit to Starbucks, me and my dear friend ordered two frappicinos (different flavors), and my Father had given us two gift cards with $5 on each card. I ordered bluntly, and handed the gentleman our two cards (with the amount of $10 altogether), and I waited patiently for our drinks. The amount was totaled at $7.60, and I figured he would use both cards to pay. The man who I had given my cards to seemed nice, he had a pretty smile, and dark blue eyes, which were hidden under his small wire-rim glasses. He walked over to his register and hit several buttons, and walked back over to me in haste. And to my surprise, he told me he had only used one card to pay for the $7.60 drinks I had ordered.


I was puzzled for several moments, and wondered why he would spend his own money on my drinks, the drinks he wouldn’t even be consuming, but I would. I would be enjoying each sip as if it was heaven on earth. But, why did he only use one card? Maybe he was flirting with me, in some way I didn’t understand. Or maybe he was trying to get rid of me, and he decided to pay for my drinks, so he didn’t have to see me again. The answer is still a mystery to me, though I continue to think about it daily, I grow more curious. Though, he’ll never read this blog or this entry for that matter, I wanted to thank him, for paying for our drinks, and making me a little bit happy, because of his flirtiness.


Farewell.

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hahahaha, oh wow, you? down-to-earth? That has got to be the biggest lie since Evolution....

Cookie hat gesagt…

ouch....